Welcome to Rocco Ceselin Photography Blog !

Route 66 The Legend still lives on. Fortunately !

By 9:34 AM

After so many years of living in California, a scouting session inspired me to take some photos along the Route 66 from Barstow to Amboy. Two great hidden gems still preserve the old style 50's atmosphere. In Newberry Springs, one of the locations of the movie Bagdad Cafe' or, for the european version "Out of Rosenheim" is still there. A refreshing and beautiful day in the Mojave Desert. 
My guardian angel Alf. Sometimes, you meet somebody where you feel like sharing your same passion for travelling and experience. I will see you soon for more stories to tell and share. Bis bald !

One of the desert, beautiful, solitary road in the Mojave Desert. The legend still lives on.

Thank you for the opportunity to get to know you, gentle woman. You have be kind to me to let me photograph you.
Bagdad Cafe', a collection of memorabilia, from old hats to stickers and collectible items. Rememer the movie ? 

Amboy CA a still working gas station along the route. 

The beginning of my trip, after a quick stop in Barstow CA, the Route 66 starts.

The iconic Roy's Motel and Cafe. Even if it has been partially renovated, it still keeps the old 50-60's atmosphere. Amboy CA

Old classic american car behind the fence. I wish I could drive it along the Route66 for few miles

You Might Also Like

0 comments